Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bi-Weekly Blog Question #2

This is for the yarn swap I'm currently in. We have to answer bi-weekly questions. This one's a hard one.
Question #2
If you could only knit or crochet with one brand of yarn for the rest of the year, what would it be and why?
The nicest yarn that I used last year was the Mirasol Miski, a baby alpaca. See ravelry project http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Alwaysnancy/gretel I haven't knitted with any other Mirasol yarn but if the quality is the same as the Miski I would definitely be a happy happy woman. The colour was rich, the yarn was incredibly soft and I don't think I ever had any knots in it. Although the skeins are small ones. I just hate joining yarn and weaving in ends. My weaving technique needs to improve for 2009.

4 comments:

Tamsie said...

The hat is pretty, and isn't Marisol the company that donates some of the profits to housing in Peru, or some such?

NJ said...

Yes they help support local community projects in Peru. It's beautiful stuff. And the softest thing I'd ever touched. Hayley said it's very warm too.

Tamsie said...

We got snow here! It's an event, unlike where you are. Have you taken any more photos of the snow?

NJ said...

Tamsie, here it's almost an everyday occurrence. It makes for some hair raising drives to work. I have a one way commute every day of 40 minutes. On one stretch of the highway, my vehicle which sports lovely winter tires just didn't feel secure. I was careful not to touch my breaks because that usually makes you spin out of control. Just up the road there were accidents on both sides of the road. I white knuckled it for the next few kilometres. I've been driving this route for over 17 yeas now and only had one experience where I had an accident thank god. Us Canadians have a love hate relationship with snow.
I'm sure for your event it's pretty exciting and novel. I saw picture of your kitty tiptoeing in it. Very cute. She wasn't sold on it! I could tell!