Sunday, April 26, 2009

San Fran Day 5



I got behind on my blogging on the last few days of our trip. When I got home I was slightly jet-lagged all week and I had two evenings out so it was really hard to get back to it. So I will now attempt to finish up.


Day 5 we spent some time down at Fisherman's Wharf. We started off at Aquarium of the Bay on Pier 39. There are two tunnels that go right through the middle of the Aquarium so you are surrounded by fish. It made for a great photo op.

Then we headed down to Pier 23 to view the Submarine Pampanito and the US Liberty Ship Jeremiah O'brien. I've never been in a Submarine before and I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel to be part of the crew underwater for too long but I was definitely game to tour this ship. It was very interesting to see torpedos with bunks overtop. Can you imagine sleeping over a torpedo...not me.


Then we took the cable car up to Nob Hill and found the Top of the Mark bar. What a fantastic place to relax, enjoy a drink and see the view. Below are the doors to the Top of the Mark, the view from the Top of the Mark and a shot from down the street of the Intercontinental Hotel where you can see the bar at the top.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Wonderful photos, NJ. Blogging sure allows us to show our vacation shots a lot easier than the old days when we'd drag out the slides and projector. ;)

carmilevy said...

OMG do I love this city. Thank you for sharing not only the pictures, but your amazing narrative as well.

I need to get back there. It replenishes the soul.