Sunday, April 12, 2009

San Fran Day 1

We had set our alarm for 3:40 at the hotel to catch the 5 a.m shuttle. The front desk told us to make sure and be downstairs and ready by 4:50. Even though I was really tired that night I seemed to wake up frequently and poor Jeff didn't fall asleep until after 2:30. Probably just the excitement of the trip ahead.


Check-in and Security at the airport went very well and then we took time to relax and have a bite to eat and a coffee. Our first flight had very few people on it and actually took off about 10 minutes early which was nice. We had a short layover in Chicago's O'hare Airport to prepare us for the 4.5 hour flight ahead. We were both pretty tired by the time we got on and we both took a bit of a nap on the flight. It got me thinking about long international flights and how do people do it. On the happy side, the flight, even getting a 5 minute late start, we ended up arriving a half hour early. As we started the descent into San Francisco you can see the Sierra's.



Once we landed, I was happy to see that our luggage arrived with us. That's always something I fret over especially when you have to switch flights. I've heard the horror stories and I just don't want to live them. I thought I had booked a shuttle service through Travelocity but I don't see anything on the paperwork. We found a shuttle that would take us to Fisherman's Wharf and we were off. It was wonderful to drive through the city and see all the sights. I can't believe though that I didn't pull out the camera and capture some of those shots. We will try to capture as many shots as we can over the course of the week.



For today let's take a stroll out of our hotel and down to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. Our first perception is how busy it is. Aren't we in a recesssion? Or is it just this busy because it's a holiday weekend? It's cooler than you think it will be and you see people with winter clothes and summer clothes on. Alcatraz is very close. Take a look for yourself.








Alcatraz from Fisherman's Wharf





















View from the Wharf towards SF





















No comments: