Friday, March 27, 2009

Thematic Photographic 42 "DRAB"













I took a walk to the abandoned farm next door to capture a "drab" picture for Carmi's challenge. See here for details http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2009/03/thematic-photographic-42-drab.html I wasn't able to take part for the last two because I had no inspiration. Walking around the farm is quite sad and quiet except for the buzzing of flies in the barn. No one has lived there in years. The people who do own it used to love to come here and go to auctions and the house and property has collected junk ooops I mean antiques over the years. The grass hasn't been cut in a few years and the property is totally overgrown. From time to time, people have expressed interest in the property but I believe the owner is reluctant to sell. It was their dream to one day live there. Now I'm sure it's all quite overwhelming. I couldn't decide which shot to post so here is a few.



6 comments:

momemts in time said...

These images make you think don't they. Has something always gone wrong somewhere for the situation to develop as we see here.

But why is a scrapyard in a town OK?

Definitely worth exploring there again.

NJ said...

It's actually in the country and that isn't okay either really but more accepted. This farm sits 1000 feet back off the main road so no one really sees it. I don't think the house is really fixable but if someone tore it down and rebuilt in that same spot it would be so lovely. These places can be fixed however. One other farm down the road which was even more deplorable was purchased and clean up and is a lovely location now.

Pamela said...

a great place for birds & other small wildlife to retreat.

I would love to move to a place like that (with a big bank account, of course..)

D.K.Fisher said...

How sad to see a place let go like that. It really makes you wonder what the place looked like when people actually called it home. I love the picture of the truck. Looks like it had its share of hard work.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Mom. You're getting very handy with your camera!

Brenda said...

Great photos. They make me feel sad too.