Saturday, February 28, 2009

Warm Ewe Up Question 5

This blog is for my Warm Ewe Up Yarn Swap. The moderator poses the question "What knitting/crochet pattern have you worked that you could see yourself making over and over and never get tired of?"

I would have to say Stephanie Pearl Mcphee's Basic Sock Recipe. I've made several sweaters that I thought I could make again but the problem is I don't have that much time to knit and they is just so much choice and variety out there that I doubt I would make a sweater pattern more than twice. The first item I made I have made 3 times but probably won't make it again.
The reason I pick the sock recipe, is that for socks sometimes the sock yarn makes the pattern and a basic sock pattern is all that is required.

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

I can't answer the question because you wouldn't want to see me with needles in my hand :)

But my wife and daughter just started taking crochet lessons, and their first projects are scarves - which we really need this winter! It amazes me how you can make something from literally nothing. What a gift!