Saturday, October 18, 2008

Purple Purl Visit

This week I played hookie from work on Wednesday and Thursday so I can accompany my husband to Toronto to attend a training course. Truth be known I will take every opportunity I can to spend time with my daughter Hayley. I knew Hayley still had time vacation time left and I asked her if she would be able to take one day off to hang with her mom and she said she couldn't think of a better way to use her vacation. Oh what a sweet girl she is. I wish I lived closer...not Toronto exactly because I'm a small town person.

After a trip to Ikea where we could get Hayley some curtains for her living room (where I had flashbacks to the sixties and my mother's leaf motif plastic curtains) we headed to the Purple Purl www.purplepurl.com . I found the most beautiful superwash yarn from the Southwest Trading Company in a beautiful dark cherry colour. I will make a central park hoodie out of it for Hayley. I'd love to get to it right away but I have the gathered pullover to finish (one sleeve to go) and some socks for Jeff and a hat before I start this but I'm excited none the less. The girls at the Purple Purl were so nice and helpful and I would definitely encourage anyone to check it out on a trip to Toronto. It was not that close to Hayley's hood but that didn't matter and I'm sure I'll be back at some point. The day was one of the perfect Canadian fall days and we had a great time. I almost forgot to mention lunch at Brad's Eatery on Roncevalles near Hayley's house. Great Food and Service. Even though I didn't eat all my veggies Hayley!!!

Looking forward to going to the Grander Grand in Kingston today to see Stuart McLean tell his Vinyl Cafe stories. It's our first trip to the Grand since it's been redone. I'm excited to see if the new seats are better than the old...how could they be worse? It looks pretty splashy from the outside. It's another perfect fall day out so just the drive to Kingston should be pretty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a sweetheart too! Love you!