Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wicked Good






Finally finished Hayley's Wicked Cool Sweater after having to frog it once. I'm very happy with the finished product except for some of the woven in ends coming astray. Hayley loves the sweater and wore it out on Saturday when we came to visit. I'm amazed that it fit so well. I used a t-shirt to size it up as Hayley lives too far away for fittings.





I could have done a better job of whipstitching
the pocket to the top unfortunately but my
daughter didn't seem to notice.


And I was worried that she would have liked the neckline tighter but she was okay with it. She's become so easy to please in her elderly age. As I look at these pictures I've uploaded there is a very sad reminder that summer is over and fall is upon us. The leaves are turning that lovely shade of yellow. I love this time of year but I hate thinking that soon winter will be here.

Winter is not my favourite time of year and I always always hate that drive to work on the 401 in the winter.




This has been an incredibly busy week for us. Monday I had meetings at the lovely http://www.waringhouse.com/ in Picton all day. When all the work was done we had team building which was disguised as a cooking glass. Yes we had to cook our own dinner at a place that has excellent cuisine. It was a lot of fun and the food was edible although I did manage to make one of the worst apple crisps of my life. I got home at 10:10 pm which is way past my bedtime.
Wednesday we attended the http://www.blueman.com/ group at the K-Rock Centre in Kingston. It was the best show I've attended yet. I loved the music, the humour and the colour. It was the most interactive show I've been to yet and the crowd seemed to love it as much as I did. The next day I spoke to a co-worker who also attended and he enjoyed it immensely as well.
Friday I took the day off. My husband had a dinner to attend to at the Royal York in Toronto for the quarter century club. It's hard to believe my young husband has hit the milestone of working for the same company for 30 years. This gave us the opportunity to reconnect with old friends, some who we had not seen in 30 years. Hayley came up after work as well. For a while she was probably the only person under 30 in the room then she spotted another young person in the suite. It was a late night especially for me who usually never gets past 10 p.m. I was laying awake at 2 p.m. trying to wind down from all the excitement. Of course, I woke up at 6 am as usual. Around 11 we headed to Hayley's where we went out and had a wonderful breakfast on Roncevalles. It was fun but I'm glad next week will be less eventful.

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

The Wicked looks fabulous! What a great fit, and a great colour. Your comment on my blog about the opulent raglan- it's a great knit, very comofy, and the no seams is a blessing, for sure!

- Julie