Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New Hat for Hayley









Seems like knitting Hayley a hat every winter has become a tradition. Last year there was 2, the sock monkey hat which fit a bit tight and the green toque both which I never got a picture of. The year before was another green hat which was too large and the year before was my first knitting project, the ear flap hat. Now that Hayl's a bit older I don't think she wants to wear the earflap style because it would probably make her look like a 16 year old. She appeared happy with the new one. I loved the colour and the yarn. The yarn Is Mirasol Miski Baby Alpaca. It's the softest yarn I've ever touched. Of course I loved it so much that I'm now making a scarf for her to go with it.
Last weekend we headed west to Toronto so that we could have a quick visit with Hayley. I needed one to tide me over until she comes home at Christmas. It was a good day. We went to Creme de la Creme for a nice breakfast lunch. We did a bit of shopping but it doesn't take Hayley and I long to get shopped out.
also gave her the gathered pullover I made her. It fit alright except the lenght was a little short. I may make this one again for someone else. I'd like to see it in a prettier colour than brown. Whatever it seemed to bring out the Ninja characteristics in Hayley.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can take pictures of the other two hats and send them to you if you want. I love the green hat. It was always my favorite. Now I'm not sure which one is my favorite since you made my burgundy slouchy hat. It's so warm!

Brenda said...

Hi,
I came across your blog from the Warm Ewe Up group on Ravelry. I just read a bit and found we have a few things in common.

I'm also from Toronto, although I now live in LA.

My mother also passed away from breast cancer at age 49. So I make sure to get mammograms regularly.

I've also been married a little over 30 years... we have one son, all grown up and married and moved away.

I am also reading the Friday Night Knitting Club...
That's quite a few concidences!

Anyway just thought I'd say Hi, and I will drop in on your blog from time to time.

Cheers,
Brenda (goodstuff on Ravelry)